Getting Rid of a Computer?
Vintage computer collecting and restoring is my passion so I am always looking for interesting computers and related software, documentation and peripherals that may not be in my collection. I am particularly interested in Canadian computers so they can be displayed at this site for all to see and appreciate.
Items I am specifically looking for:
- MCM/700 or MCM/800 computer from Micro Computer Machines or any related items – Designed and built in Ontario, Canada, these computers are pretty awesome feats of early Canadian computing technology. I’d love to try to collect all of the MCM machines.
- MIL MOD-8 – Another early Canadian technology company. Microsystems International Limited produced computer chips and had a computer development system called the MIL Mod-8 to highlight it’s Intel 8008 second-sourced chip with the MIL MF8008 moniker. I am trying to collect an MIL chips but have only been successful finding an MF8008.
- Telidon related computers/terminals – In elementary school, our class was shown a Telidon terminal and we were able to interact with it for a short period of time. This fascinated me and got me interested in the computer field.
- Dynalogic computers – While i think I have the Hyperion covered, I don’t have any other equipment from Dynalogic. I’d be interested in anything that may be out there.
- The Mimic Spartan – A Canadian company out of Vancouver produced an add-on to the Commodore 64 that was essentially an Apple II crafted into an add-on device. As a big Commodore fan, I would live to find one of these or any information on them so I can cover it on the website.
- Commodore computers – I have a very good collection of Commodore equipment but there are always holes in my collection. The Commodore 64 was the first computer I bought and the Commodore PET was the first computer I had used in school.
If you have a computer that you will be discarding or you’d like to sell, add a comment below. I am always happy to cover the cost of shipping if it’s a computer that I need to add to the collection. You can also email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting.
I have a commedore VIC20 still in the box if you are interested…?